Presented by Phillip J. Bendick PhD, RVT, FSDMS, FSVU
Produced by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute
Upper Extremity Venous Imaging Training Video is designed to provide an introduction to upper extremity venous anatomy and duplex/color flow imaging.
Sonographers, physicians, physician assistants and other medical professionals involved with performing and/or interpreting peripheral venous ultrasound examinations. Physician participants may include (but are not limited to) those involved with internal medicine, cardiology, radiology, general/vascular surgery, emergency medicine, and primary care.
1. Evaluate and identify upper extremity venous anatomy.
2. State normal and abnormal venous Doppler characteristics.
3. Implement routine scan protocols for performing an upper extremity venous evaluation.
4. Recognize normal vs. abnormal venous Doppler characteristics.
5. Recognize and differentiate characteristics of acute vs. chronic DVT.
6. Recognize pre-operative vascular mapping measurements.
• Upper Extremity Venous Anatomy
• Upper Extremity Venous Physiology
• Vascular Hemodynamics
• Normal/Abnormal Venous Imaging
• Duplex/Color Characteristics
• Pre-operative vascular mapping
Release date 04/02/2019. Approved for credit through 04/03/2022
Length: 38 minutes
Approved for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits. See CME INFORMATION link on Home Page.
Ship Wt. 1 lb.