Presented by Phillip J. Bendick PhD, RVT, FSDMS, FSVU
Produced by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute
This enduring material is designed to provide an introduction to lower extremity venous anatomy and duplex/color flow imaging. The presentation also contains video case studies.
Sonographers, physicians, and other medical professional performing and/or interpreting non-invasive vascular testing for lower extremity venous disease. Participants may include, but are not limited to, those working in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Primary Care, Critical Care, Emergency Medicine, Cardiology, Radiology, General/Vascular Surgery..
1. Increase the participants’ knowledge to better perform and/or interpret lower extremity Venous ultrasound examinations.
2. Apply knowledge of the anatomy/physiology of the lower extremity venous to perform a venous duplex/color flow imaging examination.
3. Perform routine scan protocols, and document Doppler waveforms for venous evaluation of the lower extremity.
4. Differentiate normal/abnormal imaging, spectral Doppler, and color characteristics associated with acute and chronic DVT
• Lower Extremity Venous Anatomy & Physiology
• Vascular Hemodynamics
• Clinical History and Symptoms
• Venous duplex ultrasound
• Duplex/Color characteristics
• Venous testing for DVT
Release date 4/04/2019. Approved for CME credit through 04/04/2022.
1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits available. See CME INFORMATION link on Home Page.
Ship Wt. 1 lb.