Presented by Robert J. Daigle, BA, RVT, FSVU, FSDMS.
Produced by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute
Ultrasound Evaluation of the Lower Extremity Arterial System: Direct and Indirect Testing Training Video is designed to provide an introduction for the evaluation of lower extremity arterial testing methods including physiological examinations such as PVR, segmental pressures, and ABI. Color Duplex evaluation of the native vessels, including normal and abnormal spectral waveform characteristics and diagnostic criteria.
Sonographers, physicians, physician assistants and other medical professionals involved with performing and/or interpreting peripheral vascular ultrasound examinations. Physician participants may include (but are not limited to) those involved with internal medicine, cardiology, radiology, neurology, general/vascular surgery, and primary care.
• Describe arterial anatomy of the lower extremity.
• Apply routine scan protocols for performing lower extremity arterial indirect and duplex/color examinations.
• Cite normal and abnormal waveform characteristics for identifying arterial disease.
• List diagnostic criteria associated with indirect and duplex/color imaging of lower extremity arterial evaluation.
• Demonstrate PVR, segmental pressure and plethysmography measurements.
Release date 04/24/2019. Approved for credit through: 04/24/2022
Length: 130 Minutes
2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits available. See CME INFORMATION link on Home Page.
Ship Wt. 1 lb.