Presented by Robert J. Daigle, BA, RVT, FSVU, FSDMS.
Produced by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute
Duplex Evaluation of Aneurysm/Pseudo-aneurysm and Arterial Bypass Grafts Training Video is designed to provide an introduction to the color/duplex ultrasound evaluation of aneurysms, pseudo-aneurysms and ultrasound evaluation of arterial bypass grafts. Scan protocols, diagnostic criteria, and case studies are included.
Sonographers, sonography students,physicians, physician assistants and other medical professionals involved with performing and/or interpreting peripheral vascular ultrasound examinations. Physician participants may include (but are not limited to) those involved with internal medicine, cardiology, radiology, neurology, general/vascular surgery, and primary care.
• Evaluation of aortic aneurysm
• Popliteal aneurysm
• Thrombin injection surveillance techniques
• Evaluation of lower extremity arterial bypass grafts
Upon completion of this video activity, you should be able to accomplish the following:
• Cite the sonographic appearance of an abdominal aortic and popliteal aneurysm;
• List the diagnostic criteria for aneurysm evaluation;
• List the etiology of pseudo-aneurysm;
• Recognize the duplex/color characteristics associated with pseudoaneurysm;
• List the treatment options for pseudo-aneurysm, bypass grafts and stents
• State the various types of arterial bypass grafts
• Outline protocols & diagnositic criteria for duplex/color evaluation of arterial bypass grafts and stents
Release date 04/18/2019. This edition valid for credit through: 04/18/2022
1.25 AMA PRA Cat.1 CME credits available. See CME INFORMATION link on Home Page.
Ship Wt. 1 lb.