Presented by: Phillip J Bendick PhD, RVT, FSVU, FSDMS
Produced by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute
Carotid Stenosis Assessment Training Video is designed to provide an overview of carotid duplex/color flow imaging techniques and criteria to diagnose cerebrovascular disease. The lecture includes how to analyze the spectral Doppler waveform characteristics, integration of routine measurements, and carotid case presentations. The participant will be able to apply current diagnostic criteria to evaluate carotid stenosis and other associated abnormalities after viewing this video.
Physicians, sonographers and other medical professionals involved with performing and/or interpreting vascular ultrasound examinations. Physician participants may include (but is not limited to): vascular surgery, radiology, cardiology, internal medicine, primary care, and general surgery
Upon completion of this enduring material, you should be able to accomplish the following:
• Identify normal and abnormal Doppler waveforms for all the extracranial cerebrovascular vessels - CCA, ECA, ICA and Vertebral.
• Integrate all imaging, color Doppler and spectral Doppler data to determine the diagnosis of carotid stenosis.
• Apply diagnostic criteria for accurately categorizing stenosis.
- Improve knowledge and competence to integrate the skills learned into clinical practice.
• Hemodynamic effects of stenosis.
• Diagnostic criteria: peak systolic velocity, end-diastolic velocity, ICA/CCA ratio: what do the numbers mean?
• Understanding the NASCET Trial Results for Stenosis Assessment
• How to Categorize Cerebrovascular Disease
- Examination Documentation Required by IAC for Vascular Lab Accreditation
-How to Structure a Final Report
1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits, (Extra fee required for CME processing). See Home Page for link to CME information.
Date of Original Release: 03/05/2019. This edition is valid for credit through: 03/05/2022.
Length approximately 46 minutes.
ISBN 978-1-945749-79-7 Ship Wt. 1 lb